SunGlo Calf Developer Show Feed - 50LB
Features and Benefits
- Textured, premium show cattle feed formulated with the latest in feed technology
- Good option whenever more bulk and bloom are needed, such as when jackpotting or cold months
- Highly palatable to keep cattle coming back to the feed bunk and on track for the winner's circle
What type of calf does Sunglo Calf Developer work well on?
Sunglo Calf Developer works well on cattle at any time in the feeding phase that need more bulk and bloom. Calf Developer is often fed in the transition stage between Sunglo Calf Grower and Sunglo Calf Finisher. Many feeders have found success with Developer when jackpotting cattle that just need a little "more" everywhere.
How does Sunglo Calf Developer compare to other feeds in the Sunglo lineup?
Calf Developer is a high energy and high fiber option in our lineup. Compared to Calf Grower it is higher fat and fiber. Compared to 12T it is higher protein, fat and fiber. Compared to Finisher it is higher protein and fiber.
How much Sunglo Calf Developer do I feed and when should I start?
Sunglo Calf Developer should be fed at no more than 2.5-3% of your calf's bodyweight per head per day. Every animal will respond differently, but that's a good rule of thumb. Calf Developer can be fed at any time in the feeding phase when a higher energy and higher fiber diet is needed.
Slowing Rate of Gain: If calves are gaining too rapidly, it may be necessary to use one of the following options:
- Decrease the daily allotment of Sunglo Show Calf Feed by 2-4 lbs., OR
- Add Sunglo Full Tank™ and feed at a rate of 1-5 lbs. per head per day to meet desired weight gain.
Difficult Finishing: Some large-frame calves may require longer finishing periods or increased energy density in the finishing ration to achieve the desired finish.
- To increase energy, feed half Sunglo Show Calf Developer and half Sunglo Show Calf Finisher.
- Add 1-3 lbs. of Sunglo LiquaFAT™ to reach desired finish.
Going Off Feed (Burnout): This feed has been carefully formulated to promote consumption. However, should your calf experience a drop in feed consumption of more than 10% of targeted daily feed intake for more than two days, blend in Sunglo 2 the Fullest with Cob™ at a rate up to 1/2 of daily intake to enhance appetite. A more dramatic drop in feed consumption may require going back to the beginning and re-initiating your calf to feed. In either case, return to Sunglo Show Calf Grower ration should be done gradually. Should your calf go completely off feed, consult your veterinarian.
Important Management Tips
- Always provide access to fresh, clean water.
- Check weight gains at set time intervals and adjust daily feeding rate as needed until target weight is reached.
- Cattle should have access to high quality grass hay.
- Always transition slowly from one ration to another to help avoid digestive upset.