Standlee Premium Smart Beet Shreds 25lb
New Name, Same Premium Product – Introducing “Smart Beet”
Premium Smart Beet Shreds are formed from dried sugar beet pulp. Beet pulp is the pulp that remains after sugar has been removed from the sugar beet. A high calorie, low protein, low sugar fiber source for horses.
Horses that are underweight, performance horses, senior horses, horses that are sensitive to carbohydrates and pregnant and lactating mares
- Gradually introduce beet pulp into the diet during a 7-10 day period.
- Beet pulp is a dehydrated product and is recommended to be soaked (completely submerged) in water for a minimum of 15 to 30 minutes prior to feeding, or until properly softened.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested beet pulp to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
- Beet pulp should not be used as the sole source of nutrition, additional forages (i.e. hay cubes, pellets, chopped hay, and baled hay) must be fed to reach a total daily forage intake of 1.5 to 2.5% of body weight.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Products, or consult with your veterinarian.
Feeding Instructions for other animals.
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Minimal waste, can be accurately weighed and measured
- High calorie
- Tend to soak water faster than pellets
- Minimal dust
- Easy to feed and store
|Crude Protein||Min 7.5%|
|Crude Fat||Min 0.5%|
|Crude Fiber||Max 21%|
Beet pulp (dried), Concentrated Separator By-Product
Concentrated Separator By-Product or CSB is a secondary molasses produced during the separation of sugar from normal sugar beet molasses.
Please visit our Product FAQ's for more information on CSB.