Standlee Premium Alfalfa Pellets 40lb
Premium Alfalfa Pellets are high density, ¼ inch pellets of Standlee forage. Alfalfa forage is low in sugar, moderately high in protein, high in calories and digestible fiber.
Growing (rapid growth) and underweight horses, horses with sensitivity to carbohydrates, horses with gastric ulcers and late pregnancy and lactating mares
- Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount.
- Feeding some long-stem forage (hay) may help eliminate boredom and prevent stall vices.
- Horses that have dental problems or for horses that aggressively consume their feed, Standlee Premium Products cubes and pellets are recommended to be fed wet, soaked in water for 30 minutes or until properly softened.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee forage over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee forage.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Products, or consult with your veterinarian.
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Low in sugar/starch
- Minimal waste, can be accurately weighed and measured
- Minimal dust
- Easy to feed and store
- Useful as a fertilizer in gardens or flower beds
Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Alfalfa Forage