$10 - 2 day local delivery fee on Pet orders less than $75
What is the Dog Leash Law in Weatherford, Texas?
In Weatherford, Texas, dog owners are required to follow specific rules and regulations regarding their pets. While the city's ordinances may be subject to change, at the time of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, dog owners must restrain their dogs when outside of their property.
Here are the key points of the leash law in Weatherford:
- Dogs must be restrained by a leash, chain, or cord that is no longer than ten feet in length when they are off the owner's property.
- The owner or the person in control of the dog must hold the leash at all times when in public areas.
- Dogs must wear a collar with a current rabies vaccination tag.
It is important to note that laws and regulations can change over time. To verify the most up-to-date information on the dog leash law in Weatherford, you should:
- Consult the City of Weatherford's Code of Ordinances, specifically the section related to animals and pet ownership.
- Contact your local animal control department or city officials for the most current regulations and guidelines.
By following these laws and guidelines, dog owners can help ensure the safety and enjoyment of both their pets and the community at large.