$5 local delivery fee on Pet orders less than $49
Year Round Lawn Care Guide
Check out Russell Feed Year-Round Lawn Care Guide, and take the guesswork out of lawn care. Read up on what to apply and when with our easy to follow Lawn Care Guide.
- Dried Molasses
Both feed beneficial soil microorganisms that in turn feed and strengthen your lawn. Aids in helping the roots feed deeper helping you to water less during the year.
- Apply Pre-emergent
- Fertilize if you haven’t already
A natural beneficial bug to eat any larva in your yard including fleas and ants!
- Feed Through Fly Control for Cattle/Horses
Begin giving this to animals now to prevent lawn infestation later.
- Check for Grubs. Put out a deterrent now if seen to prevent June Bugs.
- Most likely cause for a St Augustine issue this time of year is “Take All Patch”, if so apply a layer of Peat Moss to your lawn.
- Mosquito Eradicators
Place these out now to stay ahead of mosquito populations. One box kills 95% of the mosquitoes on one acre for 3 months.
- Apply Round 2 of Pre-Emergent
- Apply Round 2 of Fertilizer
- Cedarcide Granules
Take them camping to put under tents and tables to repel ticks, bugs, etc
- Most likely cause for St Augustine issue this time of year “Grey Leaf Spot”, discontinue nitrogen, and apply a fungicide.
- Grubs can kill St Augustine this time of year as well. If you dig up more than 4 grubs in one square foot of soil apply insecticide.
- Chinch Bugs
Can kill the lawn quickly. Evidence of them will be a dry looking lawn, no response of yard improvement with watering and grass will have been chewed to the ground. Apply Insecticide.
- Apply Round 3 Pre-Emergent
- Apply Round 3 Fertilizer
- Apply Round 2 Molasses
Helps strengthen roots before the winter.
- Be on the Lookout for Deconstructive Army Worms (they can wipe out a lawn in a couple of days)
- Time to Plant Bluebonnets for Spring Bloom
- If not using a pre-emergent time to plant ryegrass for a green lawn in the winter!